These workouts are great as they follow a superset rule. You perform two different exercises back-to-back without a rest in-between. By doing this you stimulate the working muscles to grow.
Supersets are fantastic as not only are you continuously on the move, but, if one of the items required for the exercise isn’t free, you can choose from the other.
This workout comprises of:
- -Two chest-based moves.
- -Two triceps-focused moves.
- -Straight sets of cable cross-overs to hit the middle part of your chest.
- -Some intensive cardio.
For the supersets, complete all the reps of exercise A then move straight on to exercise B without resting.
1A. Dumbbell bench press
- -Lie flat on a bench holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- -Brace your core, drive your feet into the floor and press the weights up until your arms are fully straight.
- -Slowly lower back to the start.
Sets : 4 Reps: 10-12 (last set to failure) Rest: 2 minutes between sets
1B. Dumbbell flye
- -Lie flat on a bench holding a light dumbbell in each hand with your arms straight above you.
- -Keeping your core tight, slowly lower the weights out to the sides until you feel a good stretch across your chest.
- -Squeeze your chest muscles to return the weights to the start.
- Sets : 4 Reps: 10-12 (last set to failure) Rest: 2 minutes between sets